DSLR, Action & Video Cameras from Top Brands at The Best Price in Dubai, UAE
Why compromise on getting the best shots and videos? Especially when you can invest in the best camera that enhances your photography experience. Capturing the moment as it happens delivering picture perfect quality using advanced technology.
You can get the best deals while you shop for the best camera in the UAE. Opt for one that’s easy to use and which offers impressive features. Here’s a comprehensive guide to buying the best DSLR, Action and Video Cameras.
Choosing the right type of camera in the Dubai, UAE
Picking the best camera from a long list can be a bit of a challenge for a novice. However, apart from the budget, there are a few deciding factors that you should consider before making a final purchase.
• Point-and-shoot camera
- Point-and-shoot cameras are easy to carry and use. They come with an optical zoom lens with built-in image stabilization. Most are designed for rugged use and tend to be waterproof.
- They are portable and can easily fit inside a pocket. These cameras are often fully automated and are also budget friendly. The image quality is often as good as what you would get on a smartphone.
• Action camera
- Action cameras are primarily used to capture video, create image stills and time lapses. These cameras are small and can be mounted to capture an adventure activity or a thrilling sports event. These cameras often have limited settings, which can be restrictive. It cannot replace your primary camera but can be a great addition to your shooting gear.
• Mirrorless camera
- Mirrorless cameras come with smaller interchangeable lenses. They are also known as compact systems or micro four thirds’ cameras). What makes it an attractive purchase is its DSLR quality in a smaller compact design. However, unlike DSLRS, these camera models don’t use a mirror-based optical viewfinder system. As a result, it’s more compact and lightweight and ideal for videographers and vloggers who are always on the move.
• DSLR camera
- DSLR cameras are often traditional Single Lens Reflex cameras designed for digital photography. They are known for their excellent image quality because of their large sensors. One of the fastest cameras, DSLRS has been a favorite with adventure photographers and sports photographers.
- Due to their interchangeable lenses, these cameras give photographers the option to go for a wide angle or to zoom in. You get sharper images even in dim lightning and can preview what the lens is about to capture. It does tend to be a bit bulky and is not as portable as other cameras.
- Camcorders are designed for shooting films and motion pictures. It offers the highest video resolution and often comes with built-in microphones for great audio quality and clarity. These cameras are able to capture things in motion and are great for both entry-level users and professionals.
New Camera Technology in the Dubai, UAE
• Camera Megapixel
- Megapixels (MP) translates as one million pixels. It refers to how much detail your camera’s sensor can capture. The higher the megapixels, the more image details can be captured.
• Camera Sensors
- It’s a piece of hardware inside the camera that captures light and converts it into signals giving you that perfect image. The size of the camera is vital as it determines how much of this light is used to create the image. A camera sensor and its size define depth of field, image size, resolution, low-light performance, a camera’s actual size, etc.
• Camera Lens Quality
- Camera resolution is a vital aspect you can’t ignore while deciding to invest in a camera. Apart from resolution, one should also ensure that the lens quality is superior as it affects the resolution of your images.
- Depending on your requirements you can opt for a DSLR Video Camera or go in for a point-and-shoot video camera. However, if your primary requirement is video shooting or vlogging, it makes sense to invest in a camcorder that gives you more flexibility, amazing sound quality and video resolution.
• LCDs and Viewfinders
- Most digital cameras have an LCD screen to view images. Large screens make it relatively easy to view image clarity and other details. Another option is the electronic viewfinder (EVF) camera viewing option, which is found on Micro System Cameras and some fixed-lens cameras.
- They are essentially a tiny screen inside the camera. You also get a chance to adjust the settings as per your needs. You can also go with a DSLR that offers an optical viewfinder. It shows the exact, clear picture through the lens.
• Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & GPS
- Sharing and uploading pictures becomes relatively easy when your camera is enabled with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Some cameras also have built-in GPS to geotag your photos. You can also import them into a mapping software so that when it shows on a digital map, you also get the location where the images were clicked.
- Most point-and-shoot cameras offer a panorama feature. It shows you the last picture taken and then a live view of the next picture. It also adjusts the camera to NOT change exposure settings in between clicks. As a result, you get even lighting for all your images.
• Scene modes
- Scene modes are designed to automatically adjust your camera’s settings to capture the image in a particular setting. You can choose from various options like portrait scene mode for a sharper focus on an object that is nearby. You can also opt for a sports or action scene mode to capture an adventure or sports activity or try the beach scene mode, which adjusts the white balance and contrast to keep colors more realistic.
• Face detection
- This feature allows the camera to automatically adjust both the focus and the exposure to give you the best portrait possible. Some cameras even capture the location of the identified faces within each image. You can also zoom in to see if anyone has closed their eyes in a picture and as some cameras can retain image identification, it can automatically identify the same subject in other photographs.
Choosing the right camcorder in the Dubai, UAE
• Better quality
- Camcorders are designed for video shooting and offer the best video resolution. So, if you are a vlogger or someone who is investing in a camcorder for video shooting, it makes sense not to compromise on quality. Always get a better-quality camcorder that meets your specific requirements.
• Better sound
- Many buyers often focus on video quality ignoring the importance of audio quality. Good video footage needs a balance of both amazing picture and sound quality. Check for the kind of mic that comes with the camera you intend to buy. A mono microphone is the most basic type, which is available in most camcorders. Opt for a camcorder that has stereo mics giving you surround sound and far better audio quality.
- Looking to shoot a sports event, an adventure activity or capture the beauty of nature and the wild as it happens? Then you need to invest in a camera which offers advanced autofocus and varying shooting speeds so that you do not miss out on any action.
• Longer recording
- The recording limit for most DSLR cameras is around 29.59 seconds. It is possible to record for more than 29 minutes with a GoPro camera. So, if you are looking for a camera with longer recording as a feature, it makes sense to make sure the camera you are investing in offers this feature.
• Ergonomic design
- The design of the camera is vital as it ensures it is relatively easy to operate and comfortable to carry. Always look up the specifications of a camera to ensure the feature you want in your camera is there. Some popular features that you should consider are touch functionality, autofocus joysticks and fully articulating screens.
• Special feature
- Other special features that should be on your list are a Built-in flash, Wireless connectivity, dual memory card slots, so you never run out of space, image stabilization for image clarity, video capability, external microphone support, different shooting modes to create the desired effect for your images, long-lasting battery life and weight and convenience to carry and use this device.
Camera Lenses and Accessories at Best Price in Dubai, UAE
Some camera lenses are premium lenses, which can deliver some amazing pictures. As premium lenses come with a heavy price tag, it makes sense to do your research so you can get the best deal. Also, make it a point to check out in-depth lens reviews, which can help you make a more informed decision.
Prime lenses can give you better image quality and also enable you to blur backgrounds.
- There’s a whole range of specialty lenses depending on the kind of photography you specialize in.
- Macro lenses are designed to help you get extremely close to your subject; hence your subject is always in focus, and this type of lens is mostly used for food or nature photography. Macro lenses can be used for DLSRs, mirrorless systems, and even in point-and-shoots and camera phones.
Tilt Shift Lenses
- It helps you control the focus of your image by tilting the lenses and works well with DSLR cameras. It takes practice to learn how to use them effectively to get desired results.
- These are ultra-wide-angle lenses and are used to capture landscapes and extreme sport photography/videography. They are designed for DLSRs, mirrorless systems, and even point-and-shoots and camera phones.
Super Telephoto lenses
- These lenses help you get close to subjects that are at a distance without moving there. It’s an investment and is mostly used by professional wildlife or sports photographers.
- A standard camcorder lens cannot always give you the desired results you are looking for. Hence, most videographers use interchangeable lenses. A still photographer might carry three or more lenses along on a shoot, selecting a different one for various situations.
- A camera stand is used to support a camera while shooting. You would mostly find professional photographers using it to mount their camera for a shoot. It helps them position the camera and adjust the height as they go about taking their shots.
- Canon manufactures a variety of DSLR lenses. You can choose from Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens, Wide & Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens, Macro Lens, Tilt-Shift Lens, Telephoto & Super Telephoto Lens, etc.
- Digital camera binoculars are a 2-in-1 equipment that combines a binocular system with a digital camera. It helps you view objects at a distance, allowing you to shoot images and record videos with clarity.
- Tripods are a good purchase to secure and provide support for your camera. It allows you to capture images with slower shutter speeds than would be possible if you were holding the camera as you shoot. You can choose a lightweight design with three legs or a sturdier one, depending on your requirements.
- The best camera bags will protect your gear in any condition. Choose from shoulder or sling bags for easy access. Backpacks if you are looking to balance heavy gear on your shoulders. Holsters that can hold light gear or hard cases for expensive equipment.
- A gimbal allows your digital camera to rotate smoothly along an axis; it helps stabilize or hold your camera. Gimbal stabilizers can help improve the quality of moving film footage.
- Generally, a photographer relies on two types of lighting – a natural source like sunlight or moonlight or an artificial source of light like a flash or a bulb to give more intensity to an image. The same source of light can be a hard or a soft light depending on its distance from the object.
- Other camera accessories you need to consider investing in are a lens cleaning kit, memory card, protective wrap, SD card reader, extra batteries, a tethering cable for those outdoor shoots, etc.
Which are the Best Brands to Buy Camera & Video Camera in the Dubai, UAE?
- The reputed brand manufactures a variety of digital and video cameras offering razor-sharp images and amazing video footage. You can pick from both affordable to premium cameras, depending on your requirements.
- Go with Nikon if you are looking for technological advancements, long battery life and amazing clicks. Nikon packs in a lot in its gear, offering something for everyone.
- Users of Sony cameras are always impressed with their vivid colours and amazing quality. They are simply brilliant with their breathtaking quality and built-in camera features.
- Known for its innovation, and customized solutions that help you capture precious moments every time.
- Gives you action footage on the go. It is easy to shoot and use. These sturdy quality cameras have become a favourite with most video photographers and vloggers.
- They are known to create quality cameras at an affordable rate.
- They are known for their range of professional cameras. From a pocket camera to one that captures cinematic footage. You can get all of it under this brand.
- Their cameras are designed to meet the requirements of both professional photographers and videographers.
- Sigma specializes in manufacturing quality DSLR cameras, camera lenses and camera accessories.
- Tamron offers cutting-edge technology for all its cameras, lenses and image sensors.
So, if you are looking to invest in a good digital camera, do check out Digital Camera | Camcorder | Camera Accessories | Sharaf DG for some great deals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which brand of camera is best in the UAE?
Ans. Canon, Nikon, Panasonic are all great brands to choose from. The best one for you depends on the type of photography or videography you plan to use it for.
What DSLR means?
Ans. DSLR stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex. Hence, this camera operates with a single, digital sensor. It uses the same lens to frame, focus and click the image.
Which is the cheapest digital camera?
Ans. Log onto https://uae.sharafdg.com/product/sony-dscqx10-digital-camera-black/?promo=2021617?dg=false to get some amazing deals on digital cameras. In fact, you can get a Sony DSCQX10 Digital Camera Black and SAVE 65%. It’s priced as low as AED 279.
Which camera is best for videography in Dubai?
Ans. The GoPro and camcorders from reputed brands all make for good choices when it comes to investing in a quality camera for capturing video footage and other high-speed action events.
Which camera lens is best in Dubai, UAE?
Ans. This may vary depending on your set of individual requirements.
What do all photographers need?
Ans. High quality camera gear, SD and Memory Cards, long-lasting battery and camera accessories that serve their requirements and gives them quality footage every time.
What equipment should a beginner photographer have?
Ans. A basic standard lens, a bag to protect the camera and accessories. A tripod if necessary and SD and Memory cards and extra batteries.
What are the three most common video camera accessories?
Ans. A fast prime lens, tripod, spare batteries, memory cards, memory card reader, a camera bag, etc are some of the most common video camera accessories.
Which is the best action camera?
Ans. The GoPro is one of the best action cameras offering amazing video quality. It’s convenient to use and carry, and can be used by both professionals and novices.
What is the difference between an action camera and a GoPro?
Ans. GoPros is an action camera. It’s compact, durable and packed with various features. But what sets it apart is its amazing image quality that is far superior to most action cameras out there.