Product insurance & replacement plan to keep you protected
The DG Shield product insurance and replacement plan is a unique service that protects electronic appliances purchased from Sharaf DG. Add the DG Shield plan to your product during purchase, and stay protected in case of damages, breakages, theft & manufacturing defects. DG Shield cover the costs associated with repair & re-installation – and in case repair is not possible, it also covers the cost of a product replacement.
Any externally visible damage from external cause which impedes functioning. Cosmetic damages are not covered unless it affects the functioning of the device.
Theft of device by breaking or destruction of a locked locking mechanism only (theft by trickery or pickpockets, without violence or intimidation or mysterious disappearance are not covered)
In case a product is found to be unrepairable or unfeasible to repair, DG Shield covers the cost of replacing the product with the same or similar product of equivalent value.
Accidental ingress of liquid/water inside device which impedes regular functioning
To find out more about DG Shield, click any of the links below
What is covered?
DG Shield repair covers the labour, parts and associated charges, including transportation costs towards repair and re-installation of the appliance on site, necessary to repair the product subject to the exclusions listed as below. Incase repair of the product / appliance is not feasible DG Shield covers the cost of replacement of the product by replacing with the same product or similar product of equivalent value or through Gift Vouchers of the retailer of the same value upon customer paying 10% of original product value. Repair and replacement will be valid within GCC countries only.
REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE DURING MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
Any defect diagnosed as “Manufacturing fault” by the authorised service center will classify for replacement. The veriﬁcation process and transaction will take seven days.
What's not Covered
- No liability is accepted towards losses which are covered under the electronics appliance manufacturer’s warranty.
- Loss or damage caused by wear and tear or normal deterioration.
- Any defect that is not initially covered by the manufacturer or supplier warranty, except those covered under damage protection clause.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrications, adjustments or alignments, overhaul, modiﬁcation and de-scaling.
- Any defect caused as a result of improper usage, negligence, transit/transportation damage and willful misuse.
- Loss or damage caused by extraneous perils such as ﬁre, explosion, ﬂood, earthquake, accident, sand, water or other natural calamities.
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes/perils.
- Video/audio head, plugs, batteries, control knobs, connecting cords, remote control, cartridges, cabinets, smart cards, dust bags, air/water ﬁlters, fuses, light bulbs, ﬂuorescent tubes, related starters, attachments, cables, light covers or rain covers and other consumables as applicable.
- Data/hardware corruption arising due to computer virus infection.
- Modiﬁcation/alteration of any sort made to circuitry, original design of the appliance.
- When the serial/model number of the set has been tampered with or removed.
- Any defect cause by usage of wrong power supply, voltage, video head cleaning,corrosion, rust or stains or any problem with supply of electricity, gas or water.
- Any appliance, which has been used for commercial or rental purposes.
- Should necessary spare parts for repair be subject to import restrictions of a country resulting in delay in repairs, there will be no liability on Sharaf DG store arising out of such delay.
- Appliances being recalled by the manufacturer.
- Claims arising from the failure to follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cosmetic damage including but not limited to damage to paintwork or dents or scratches.
- Costs due to rust, corrosion.
- Unauthorized repairs performed by third parties.
- Loss or damage to recording media, software or data, software defects or software generated problems.
- Any loss or damage to a person or property, direct, consequential or incidental damages arising from the use of or inability to use the appliance.
- Accessories are not covered under the DG Shield plan.
- Software, including the operating system and software added to the appliance, third party software or the reloading software.
- Replaceable printer heads.
- Previously repaired by a non-approved service center or service agent including case changes and the like.
- Loss of stored data during the process of dismantling for repairs.
- TV, Home Theatre, Media Players and Home Appliances
- Air ﬁlters, evaporator coils, condenser coils, gas charging, circuit breakers, voltage stabilizers, scanners, remote controls, sheet metal parts, thermocol parts and all plastic parts.
- Incomplete installation or incorrect operation or incorrect voltage and excessive use and maintenance, cleaning or damage resulting from failure to perform normal maintenance as outlined in the owner’s manual.
- Any food or medicine loss due to product failure.
- Coverage is only provided on split and window air-conditioners up to capacity.
Cancellations of this plan may be made by the purchaser within days from the date of purchase for any reason upon the original invoice at the store of purchase. The DG Shield certificate has to be returned at the time of cancellation.
What to do if your product breaks down?
- While you may simply walk into your nearest Sharaf DG store or service partner outlet with mobility products, we will come to you for non-mobility products like big panels, fridges/washing machines/dishwashers.
- Customer must report the problem to Sharaf DG customer care within (5) ﬁve days failing which the DG Shield plan will not be applicable.
- Ensure it isn’t something you can correct yourself.
- Kindly retain a copy of the invoice and certiﬁcate when you bring the faulty/damaged product to customer care of any Sharaf DG store. For onsite products, please register complaint on DG HELP (800344357)
- In case of theft by force entry, customer has to produce:
- FIR report with incident description.
- Photographs validating the incident.
- Fraud: All beneﬁts of DG Shield Plan are lost if a fraudulent declaration or claim is made. In case of claim, repair or replacement would be done within 7 to 14 days after submission of device.
Still have questions ?
*UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Simply walk in with your product to any Sharaf DG/authorized service partner outlet, regardless of which Sharaf DG store it was purchased from.
**Customer will have to pay a cost of 10% of invoice value at the time of any claim which results in either repair or replacement.
DG Shield reserves the right to vary, modify or otherwise amend the terms and conditions stated herein according to its sole discretion. For detailed terms and conditions and to know more about The DG Shield Damage Protection and Replacement Plan, Call us on 800 DG HELP (344357) email us at email@example.com