- Color: Black
- Actual number of megapixels. More megapixels means more clear picture it can takeEffective Megapixel: 45 MP
- Higher ISO number can capture images in low light environments without having to use a flashISO: 100 - 51200
- More convenience when attempting to focus on objectsNumber of focus points: 1053
- Actual screen size in inches measured diagonallyScreen Size: 3.2 Inches
- Number of pictures taken per second. Higher the number more pictures can be takenImage Per Second: Electronic Shutter: Up to 20 FPS, Mechanical Shutter: Up to 12 FPS
Explore the best of both worlds in video production and stills photography with the new EOS R5 C, a mirrorless hybrid camera with the capabilities of CINEMA EOS and EOS R system.
A Union of Systems
Explore the best of both worlds in video production and stills photography with the new EOS R5 C, a mirrorless hybrid camera with the capabilities of CINEMA EOS and EOS R system. A compact and lightweight system with 8K/60P resolution video recording is born. The all-new internal cooling fan system allows continuous internal recording in various file formats, including Cinema RAW Light, XF-AVC, and MP4.
- 45MP full-frame CMOS sensor
- 8K/60P RAW internal recording, with dual card slots
- 4K/120P in 4:2:2, 10-bit resolution, C-log 3, HDR support with HLG and PQ formats
- New internal fan cooling unit for nonstop video recording
Full-frame 8K sensor
Record 30fps 8K footage across the entire width of the sensor (up to 60fps with external power supply).
Cinema RAW Light
Enjoy greater flexibility and efficiency with lighter data sizes for your 12-bit RAW internal recordings.
XF-AVC and MP4
Video recording in MXF-based broadcast-standard XF-AVC and MP4 formats are also supported.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Spotting the Eye AF and EOS iTR AF X for impeccable autofocus performance.
45 Megapixel images
Capture crisp details with high quality images at up to 20fps with the electronic shutter and up to 12fps when using the mechanical shutter.
Long duration recording
Record 8K footage with ease across an extended duration, thanks to a new active cooling system.
High dynamic range recording with Canon Log3, HLG and PQ support offer more realistic videos with detailed highlights and darker shadows.
Cinema EOS functions
Enjoy maximum control over your production with professional Cinema EOS features such as Canon Log 3, waveform and false colour monitoring and timecode terminal.
Sturdy and portable design
A lightweight (680g) magnesium alloy body with dust- and drip-resistance offers you peace of mind during outdoor shoots.
Cinematic full-frame 8K video
For the first time ever in the Cinema EOS System, the EOS R5 C offers 8K 60p RAW internal recording on a full-frame sensor. 4K 4:2:2 10-bit recording is also possible with 8K readout oversampling, offering stunning high resolution footage and greater possibilities in post-production. Create stunning slow motion scenes with high frame rate recording at up to 4K 120fps, with support for simultaneous audio recording that eliminates the need for separate audio input typically required in conventional high frame rate recording.
Stunning 45MP image quality
The EOS R5 C is not just an excellent video camera, it also shares the same photography features as the EOS R5, making it a powerful workhorse even in still image photography.
Equipped with 45 megapixels, the EOS R5 C also delivers pin-sharp images across the entire width of the full-frame sensor, with bursts up to 20fps along with cutting-edge autofocus technology — Dual Pixel CMOS AF II (Photo mode) and EOS iTR AF X, including Eye Detection AF and Animal Detection AF. Low-light performance is also on point with ISO sensitivity that goes up to 51 200 and a focusing brightness range that goes up to EV-6.
RF mount expands possibilities
Equipped with an RF mount, the EOS R5 C dramatically expands your lens options and possibilities by offering compatibility with not just the latest RF lenses, but also an extensive range of existing EF and Cinema lenses via the EF-EOS R Mount Adapters. You can also record your own virtual reality videos by attaching the RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye VR lens!
The electronic image stabilisation of the camera combined with the in-lens Image Stabilizer of selected lenses provides Combination IS that further improves stabilisation in your footages.
Never lose track of your subjects during recording even when they are not facing the camera, thanks to the amazing focusing precision of the EOS R5 C’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Eye Detection AF and EOS iTR AF X that is engineered with deep learning technology.
Multiple AF modes, including the Dual Pixel Focus Guide that comes in handy during manual focusing, offer even greater control and flexibility in your shoots. With a Vari-angle touchscreen LCD, autofocusing has become more intuitive with direct touch controls.
Multiple recording formats
The EOS R5 C has a wide range of recording formats to suit every need. Cinema RAW Light saves your RAW recordings in lighter file sizes for easier file handling. The broadcast-ready MXF-compliant XF-AVC format and the highly versatile HEVC/H.264 MP4 formats support proxy recording in lower bitrates for more efficient video editing.
The Canon Log 3 colour profile offers a wide dynamic range and flexibility in colour grading. In addition, a full-featured Custom Picture mode supports Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) and Perceptual Quantization (PQ) for High Dynamic Range (HDR) recordings.
New internal cooling fan
Enjoy continuous recording of high definition 8K/60p video without interruption.
The buttons are designed to improve the operability, making it easy to use as a professional cinema camera. In addition, its 13 assignable buttons allow for flexible customisation and better control.
Expanded professional interface
- Tally lamp shows recording in progress
- Timecode terminal essential for multi-camera shooting
- Power dial with simple design allows for easy photo/video switching
- Multi-function shoe shares the same functionality as the EOS R3 and supports professional audio accessories, Speedlites and more
Dual card slots
The dual card slot lets users combine a CF-Express and SD Card. Simultaneous recording of 4K XF-AVC, MP4, and proxy data is enabled even during 8K RAW internal recording.
Flexible power supply
The EOS R5 C comes with the LP-E6NH battery.
Optional power options:
- PD-E1 USB power adapter (sold separately)
- DR-E6C DC coupler with CA-946 compact power adapter (both sold separately)
Compact and lightweight
Even with its multiple features, the EOS R5 C remains in a compact size (142mm width x 101mm height x 111mm depth) and is lightweight enough (approx. 680g body only, or 770g with one battery and memory cards – CFexpress & SD card) for long shoots outdoors, and for easy handling even with gimbals.
- MainBrandCanonColorBlackModel NumberEOS R5 C
- GeneralTypeMirrorlessFeaturesEnjoy greater flexibility and efficiency with lighter data sizes for your 12-bit RAW internal recordings.Supplied Accesories1 x Battery Charger LC-E6E, 1 x Battery Pack LP-E6NH, 1 x AC Cable, 1 x Interface Cable IFC-100U + Protector, 1 x Shoulder Strap, 1 x User Manual
- SensorEffective Megapixel45 MPImage ratio w:h1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9Sensor Size36 x 24 mmSensor typeFull-Frame 8K CMOS SensorBit Depth14-BitProcessorDIGIC X
- ImageISO100 - 51200Custom white balanceYesImage StabilizationDigitalFile formatC-RAW, HEIF, JPEG, Raw
- Optics & FocusAutofocusYesManual focusYesNumber of focus points1053Lens mountCanon RFFocal length multiplier1.6x
- Screen / ViewfinderScreen Size3.2 InchesScreen dots2,100,000 DotTouch screenYesScreen typeLCDViewfinder typeBuilt-In Electronic (OLED)Viewfinder resolution5,790,000 DotViewfinder coverage1Viewfinder magnificationApprox. 0.76xDiopter Adjustment-4 to +2
- Photography FeaturesImage Per SecondElectronic Shutter: Up to 20 FPS, Mechanical Shutter: Up to 12 FPSMaximum shutter speedMechanical Shutter: 1/8000 to 30 Seconds, Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: 1/8000 to 30 Seconds and Electronic Shutter: 1/8000 to 0.5 SecondsSelf-timer2/10 Seconds DelayExposure modesAperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter PriorityExposure compensation-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)Manual exposure modeYesAperture priorityYesShutter priorityYes
- StorageStorage media typesSlot 1: CFexpress Type B, Slot 2: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)
- PhysicalBatteryCanon LP-E6NDimensions101 x 142 x 111 mm
- Other FeaturesOther FeaturesCanon's multi-function shoe with digital audio interface supports the optional TASCAM CA-XLR2d-C professional audio XLR microphone adapter for up to 4-channel audio.
- ConnectivityHDMIMicro-HDMIUSBUSB Type-CWi-FiWi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n), Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)BluetoothYesWirelessWi-Fi, BluetoothConnectivityHDMI, USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm Jack
- WeightWeight770 GRAM