- Type: Prime Lens
- It reduces blurring associated with the motion of a cameraImage Stabilization: No
- It is diameter of Filter that can be attached to LensFilter Thread: 49 mm
- A larger aperture can allow more light than a smaller one for better, brighter photography in low lightAperture Range: f/1.8
- Larger Focal Length results in higher magnificationFocal Length Range: 50 mm
- Color: Black
An affordable, high quality lens thatu2019s perfect for creative portraits and low-light photos. Blur backgrounds to make your subject stand out, and enjoy smooth near-silent STM focusing when shooting movies.
A fantastic lens for portraits
The EF 50mm f/1.8 STM blurs the background behind your subject so they really stand out. It will also let you fill the frame without getting uncomfortably close, making it easier to get a natural expression on their face.When used on a full-frame EOS camera the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM acts as a standard lens, giving a perspective, similar to that of the human eye – ideal for high-quality everyday photography.
Fast, virtually silent focusing
Near-silent STM technology focuses extremely quickly when shooting still photos, so you can react suddenly to capture fleeting moments. When capturing video focusing is smoother and slower, for footage that has a professional cinematic look to it.
A great performer in low-light conditions
The EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lets in lots of light, so you can keep shooting even when conditions begin to get dark. Capture the mood of the moment using atmospheric available light – you’ll love the results!
Super-sharp image quality
This fixed, non-zooming lens delivers superb images, whether you’re shooting photos or movies. Sharpness is enhanced, contrast is boosted and distortion is reduced for a more natural result.The glass elements used in the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM are layered with Canon’s bespoke Super Spectra coating, which prevents flare and ghosting when shooting into the light.
Compact ‘go-everywhere’ design
The diminutive EF 50mm f/1.8 STM weighs just 160g and is only 40mm long, so you’ll always have room for it in your bag. A tactile manual focus ring is easy to find and use without taking the camera away from your eye.
- MainBrandCanonColorBlackModel NumberEF50MM
- GeneralTypePrime LensLens DescriptionCanon EF 50mm f/1.8 STMCompatible Products
- 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
- Canon (APS-C)
- EF Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Optimized Lens Coatings
- STM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AF
- Manual Focus Override
- Metal Lens Mount
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 14'
- ConnectivityLens MountCanon EFFilter Thread49 mm
- PhysicalDimensions68.58 x 40.64 mm
- WeightWeight162 GRAM
- ApertureAperture Rangef/1.8Number of Diaphragm Blades7 (Rounded)
- FocusFocal Length Range50 mmMinimum Focus Distance14 Inches (35.56 cm)Maximum Magnification0.21x