- Type: Wide Angle Lens
- It is diameter of Filter that can be attached to LensFilter Thread: 67 mm
- A larger aperture can allow more light than a smaller one for better, brighter photography in low lightAperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Larger Focal Length results in higher magnificationFocal Length Range: 16-55 mm
- Color: Black
Fast F2.8 APS-C standard zoom
Sony’s first 16-55 mm (24-82.5 mm full-frame equiv.) APS-C zoom with a constant F2.8 aperture is remarkably compact while offering performance befitting the G Lens series. The new optical design delivers an excellent corner-to-corner resolution, and beautiful bokeh is available when needed. It is compact, lightweight, and ideal for a wide range of subjects.
High resolution throughout the zoom range, even at F2.8
Two AA (advanced aspherical) and two aspherical elements suppress aberration for outstanding corner-to-corner G Lens resolution, while three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements reduce color bleeding to a minimum. Sony’s original Nano AR Coating adds superior resistance to flare and ghosting for a crisp contrast. Precise spherical aberration control and a 9-blade circular aperture contribute to smooth bokeh.
Compact, lightweight, and bright
Optimized mechanical and optical design achieves a weight of just 494 grams (17.5 oz.) in a compact, constant F2.8 16-55 mm (24-82.5 mm full-frame equiv.) zoom lens. This fine lens is ideal for everything from portraits to everyday snapshots, combining with compact E-mount bodies to form a highly mobile, manageable system for a wide range of photographic applications.
XD Linear Motor for fast, precise AF and tracking
The same type of advanced XD (eXtreme Dynamic) linear motor that maximizes focus performance in G Master series lenses is employed in this APS-C lens. The XD Linear Motor fully utilizes the speed potential of the camera body, focusing on and tracking even fast-moving subjects with outstanding speed and precision. Operation is also quiet, allowing videographers to take advantage of the constant F2.8 aperture.
Professional control and reliability
A customizable focus hold button, AF/MF mode switch, and Linear Response MF add control versatility and precision that can help get the shot even in difficult, changing conditions. The front lens element is fluorine-coated to repel water and grime, and the lens is dust and moisture resistant so that that it can be used with confidence in challenging outdoor environments.
- MainBrandSonyColorBlackModel NumberSEL1655G
- GeneralTypeWide Angle LensLens DescriptionSony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G Lens
- FeaturesFeaturesE-Mount Lens/APS-C Format | Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 | Four Aspherical Elements
- ConnectivityLens MountE-MountFilter Thread67 mm
- PhysicalDimensions73 x 100 mm
- WeightWeight494 GRAM
- ApertureMaximum Aperturef/2.8Minimum Aperturef/22Aperture Rangef/2.8 to f/22Number of Diaphragm Blades9
- OpticsElements17Groups12Angle of View83° to 29°Special Elements/CoatingsFour Aspherical
- FocusFocal Length Range16-55 mmMinimum Focus Distance1.08' / 33 cmMaximum Magnification0.2x
People also viewed
Recently viewed items