Guaranteed Buy-Back Program
Guaranteed Buyback is an offering by SharafDG which assures Customers a fixed buyback percentage of 60 % of the MRP for any Apple iPhone 14 series purchased from SharafDG. The Plan protects the value of the new device against market fluctuations and ensures a Guaranteed Buyback value. This guaranteed buyback value should be redeemed against a purchase of a new device during the Apple New Product Introduction (NPI) , or 395 days or 31st December 2023 (whichever is earlier).
- Eligible Device means the device (referring to the IMEI) for which the Plan is activated by Sharaf DG.
- New Device means an upgraded Device of the same (OEM) bought by the customer in returning the eligible device covered under the Plan and paying the difference between the price of the new device as offered by the Sharaf DG
- Plan Fee This Plan is being offered to the customer at a one-time subscription fee of AED 100 and is subject to change without prior notice.
- NPI (New Product Introduction) New product/model launched by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
- Benefits Value means buyback value at the time of redemption.
The benefits under the Plan shall be effective from the date of purchase of the device until 395 days or the next NPI or 31st December 2023 (whichever is earlier).
The program applies to customers for selected devices and on payment of the one-time plan fees during the purchase of the product.
- Sales executive explains the plan to the customer.
- If customer agrees, the sales executive will add the plan to the sales order
- The cashier must invoice the device with the IMEI number, plan article code, and the customer’s name and mobile/email ID.
Raising a Buyback Request
- In the event of the NPI of the same OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and to avail the buyback benefit the customer must complete the quality check (QC) procedure.
- An online quality / diagnostic check will be conducted while raising a Buyback Request.
- The DG Help tech-bench executive to validate the device IMEI with the Invoice and if the device matches the requirements the tech bench executive performs the QC on the partner application.
- The tech-bench executive will follow the instructions given on the application to complete the quality check (“QC”) procedure and provide all the details asked in the process.
- The Device will also undergo a quality check at the Sharaf DG store and in case it does not pass the QC specifications or the terms, the request may be denied.
- On confirmation of the Buyback Request, the customer will hand over the previous Device and original accessories ( accessories in the box) to the DG help Tech-bench executive.
- The DG Help tech-bench executive to confirm the acceptance on the partner portal, based on the acceptance the portal will provide a redemption voucher.
- The customer will present the buyback voucher at the cash counter for redemption.
- The Customer can choose a New Device to be purchased as part of the Buyback Request. The Buyback value will be discounted from the price of the New Device being purchased. At the cashpoint, the customer will make the payment of the difference amount and redeem the Buyback Value.
Quality Check Specifications
- The original charging cable and Device needs to be returned in working condition while availing Guaranteed Buyback Plan, without any body damage or missing parts.
- The Device should remain switched on and remains in ON mode for a minimum of 10 minutes without being connected to a charger.
- The IMEI of the Device must match the IMEI of the Device at the time of handover. In case the device was swapped by the Apple Authorized Service Provider (ASP) during the warranty period the customer must provide evidence of the change in IMEI.
- Screen lock should not be active (all forms of Find my iPhone, screen locks like pattern, pin, password, fingerprint, face recognition, smart Lock, etc. need to be deactivated).
- The operating system of the original phone isn’t rooted or modified.
Transfer Of Plan
The transfer of ownership of the Device to another party is only applicable if the customer is carrying the original Invoice of the product and the IMEI is matched.
- The Plan can be opted by the customer at the time of purchase by paying the plan fees.
- Sharaf DG Team will notify the customer through calls/SMS about the offering one month prior to the date of NPI.
- By completing the Opt-In process for the Plan, the customer also consents to the information such as Mobile Number, IMEI and IMEI activation date being stored in the system and allows it to be used by SharafDG and partner for the purpose of Plan Activation, Redemption, and associated communications.
- By agreeing to avail the Plan, the customer hereby represents, warrants, and covenants that:
- The customer is the sole, absolute and lawful owner of the Product.
- The Product has been used by the customer in accordance with the applicable laws of the land.
- The Product along with all its accessories, wherever applicable, under the Plan, is genuine and is not counterfeit, free from all encumbrances, liens, attachments, disputes, legal flaws, or any agreement of sale, etc.
- Failure to provide the requirements will lead to the cancellation of the Plan for the customer and in the sole discretion of Sharaf DG or the partner.
- This Guaranteed Buyback Plan cannot be clubbed with any other offer/campaign/plan, at the time of availing the same.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to receive any cash or any other form of compensation in lieu of the Guaranteed Buyback Value.
- If the original Device invoice is canceled, the Plan shall also stand canceled, and a refund of the Fee shall be made to the Customer in the form/medium Customer used to pay the Fee for purchasing the Plan.
- The Customer shall not have any claim/ownership over the original phone and the accessories after the buyback voucher is provided.
- Sharaf DG will not be responsible for data transfer and/or data loss.
- This Plan and T&C shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates. Any dispute arising out of this Plan and T&C shall first be attempted to be resolved amicably through negotiations.